Tuesday, January 07, 2003

Wow, there is so much activity here that one can read something new several times a day! (unlike a certain mcarl blog I could mention) I am impressed that Lynda wrote... after staying at their house several times, I know how she has to crawl on the floor to plug the computer in when some addicted house guest wants to check e-mail! Glad to hear that John's surgery went well and hope that Maria is able to get some help with a good diagnosis soon.

I have also felt we should try to schedule an Anderson vacation some summer. I have suggested renting cabins in a state park somewhere central--our family has had a wonderful experience with both a Kentucky park and an Arkansas one. The Arkansas park ("Devil's Den") is about a 12 hour drive from both MN and GA and even closer to IN... only Mae would have a little farther to go. It has beautiful old CCC-built cabins (with AC), a pool, and a store (just like Big Pines!).

After suffering from jet lag after the London jaunt, I was hoping that my February work-related trip to the French Alps would be canceled, but no such luck. I just received additional travel information and the good news is the organizers will arrange to have people picked up by taxi at the Geneva airport and driven 45 miles to the conference center in Annecy (I thought I'd have to find my way there by train). The bad news is: 1) I hate even short taxi rides, and 2) the ride is through the Alps, and 3) I get car sick.

No comments: