Monday, January 06, 2003

Hello Andersons everywhere. I just now read through the blog from beginning to end. I don't often make it over to the computer (try to avoid it, actually) but now I will have more incentive to check in. What a great idea! Thanks, Peter. I went back to work today and my newfound sense of wellbeing and physical fitness, developed over the last 2 school-free weeks, immediately disappeared and I am back to my usual stressed mode. Oh well, it will be spring break before we know it! I wanted to thank Liv and family for the great London trip postings. I think we should plan a bigger family tour next time. Mae and Ingrid and I had a fun time in New York. I was very impressed with how well the subway system works and with Mae's big city savvy. She sure knows how to get around in the Big Apple. We had several interesting meals (Tibetan, Chinese, Italian, and Classic American Diner) No, we didn't go to the Seinfeld diner but to the one half a block up from there. Ingrid and I enjoyed a great "3 hour tour" of lower Manhattan by bus. We sat on top and were freezing but we saw a lot of great sights without walking. My favorite part was visiting the Cloisters museum. We approached it in the true Pilgrim style by walking up a steep, icy path to reach the "monastery" at the top. The museum exhibit is excellent and the building itself very authentic, mostly because it is made up of actual Medieval buildings dismantled in Europe and shipped over for reconstruction. I hope the Europeans were ok with that. We also lucked into a concert by a very well known (by me anyway) and excellent early music group called Piffaro. They specialize in early wind instruments (you can check out their website if interested). We also went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art for a whirlwind but very rewarding breeze through. Mae and I were determined to find a Bruegel and we did! Anyway, I think I am going on too long. Tomorrow I take John in for his knee surgery so wish him luck. I will let you know the outcome. Hope to hear from all of you soon by way of the Anderblog. Lynda

No comments: