Saturday, May 08, 2004

osseo

so as you already read, I played osseo. I played second singles as always. Matt Nelson is the two singles player for osseo and he is decent. I played him last year and lost then I played him like a month later and killed him. then on friday evening, around five oclock I began another marathon match against my rival. the first set was mine, 6-3. in the second set my pace slackened as I fell to my worthy opponent, 6-1. during the third set we battled each other on serve until I was up 4-3 on his serve. on broke point we played the longest point of the match. we each hit probably 15 shots if not more. I won and went up 5-3, so I was serving for the match. because I was so tired from the previous point I double faulted the first point of the last game to put him up 15-0. then I lost the next point somehow. so I was down 0-30. I won two points in a row, I dont remember exactly how, but they were very good points. 30-30. here we had the tightest point of the match. I came to the net and hit a really weak volley. he tried to pass me by hitting a backhand down the line but I dove and got it back. then he tried to pass me down the line again and I had an even more spectacular dive. somehow I was able to get up quickly enough to attempt another dive to the other side of the court, but it was not meant to be. I was too slow. the ball went off the frame of my racket. now i was down 30-40. I dont remember exactly what happened here but I won the next three points and won the match. it was tight. some of my teammates said that the last two games of the match were the best that they had ever seen me play. well, I am going to go carve something for my mom for mother's day. first i need to find a stick, and a knife. peace.

No comments: