Monday, March 17, 2003

Only a diet coke to celebrate St. Patrick's Day? I submit that a Guiness would have been more suitable- and Teresa (note the spelling), it would have made the conversation much less akward. (don't worry mom, I celebrated by going to class and doing my homework- and talking to you on the phone).

In defense of my earlier comments on coffee and to make clear how I personally feel about coffee, let me say that I just finished my third or fourth cup (who keeps track?) of this wonderful brazilian coffee that I purchased at the local fruit ranch. It is not that coffee is not "holy", it's just that for monks, it would seem that mystical visions of God would be enough and that caffiene and nicotine wouldn't be necessary stimulants. Although, vigils did start at 5:10 a.m. I should also mention that Father David always slept through vigils and lauds- always.

that's all for now, Tom.

No comments: