Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Tap dancing, hmmm...

Well, Stevie, I think it is awesome that you got up for your 8:00 class!

Perhaps I could expand my limited drumming talent by adding tap dancing to my shtick. I had an interesting experience with our new community band at the last rehearsal. Another drummer showed up who was blind (could see a tiny bit, but had a white cane), mostly deaf, completely toothless (awaiting his dentures), and elderly. Far from being pathetic and helpless, he adjusted my equipment to his specifications and never let me play! Joel keep making faces at me (like, "Say something!"), so after an hour, I cheerfully asked, "Would you like a break?" and he said, "Nope."

I finally got the idea across that I was supposed to practice too, but he still apparently views me as his roadie as his last words to me were what equipment to bring to the next session!

No comments: