Friday, August 22, 2003

A Fair Day

Thanks for the congrats - it was fun to see our efforts be rewarded. And not just the boys - Teresa got a 2nd place for her bird - apolitical as it was!

I went early for breakfast at the Salem Lutheran building (near the fine arts) - only place (I think) with Swedish egg coffee! I had biked in, and wandered around a bit, then ran home (after seeing Teresa, Norris, Jerry and Russ checking out the Seed Art) to collect our instruments. Our spin around the fair was good, though I could barely blow my trumpet by the end. A nice touch was Joe, our director's son, playing crash cymbals while riding a unicycle - that got a lot of attention.

Liv was surprised to have one root beer customer ask "are you Paul Anderson's niece?" Not because of the resemblance - he was a neighbor that Paul had told about her gig at the fair.

No comments: