Saturday, June 14, 2003

Stevie and I went on a parent /child adventure too. We didn't make it to Europe or California but all the way to Carver Park, 27 miles from our home. We packed our tents, sleeping bags, food etc. onto our human powered vehicles and headed to our favorite campground on thursday. The weather was great and our trip out there was uneventfull except for the fact that I had to pump up my back tire a few times because it seemed to be losing air. We fished, we swam, cooked foil dinners over a wood fire , had s'mores and fought off hordes of the minnesota state bird( aka mosquitos). Everything was fine until minutes before our departure friday my back tube gave up the ghost. A spare tube was the one thing I had plenty of back at home. So here we were stranded 27 miles from home on a very warm but beautiful June day. I called home and left a message for Tom to come and get us. I had no idea where he was or when he would get the message. Then while Stevie went swimming again I borrowed his bike and rode a couple miles into Victoria to see if there were any tubes there. I verified that there were no tubes for sale and returned to the campground. Repeated calls to our house confirmed that Tom was not there which meant that either he had'nt heard the message yet or else he had heard it and was already on his way to rescue us. Then I thought of Carsoup.com. They help people resolve their transportation needs . Why not us? When I called Carsoup and explained our problem to their top problemsolver he agreed to help. A short time later this professional delivered the required tube plus a spare and graciously hauled or camping gear back to civilization. With the bike repaired Stevie and I completed our ride at 9:00 P.M. Thank You Peter!

No comments: