Tuesday, February 25, 2003

Everything went much better than I had anticipated. My flight out of Mpls was delayed about half an hour while they added more hydraulic fluid, so I was a little worried for a while, but we only arrived about 5 minutes late in Amsterdam. That airport is very nice and so it was interesting to wander around. The flight to Geneva was just over an hour and the airport there was small and easy to navigate. I walked through customs, staight ahead was my bag, and then immediately the person holding the sign for the cab. And the cabby was a glamorous woman (and not drunk). There were 3 of us from the flight. My hotel is right on a park and I have a wondow overlooking the lake and the mountains. My room is small, but the bathroom is huge (as big as the bedroom) and very modern.

I took a long walk around part of the lake today and everyone was biking, rollerblading, skateboarding, and walking dogs. I have seen a million dogs, including many "French" poodles.

Finding the cybercafe took me a long time though. The girl at the hotel said it was nearby in some cafe but I never found it. I had just about given up when I ran across this little place tucked in a tony street with antique shops and art galleries. It only has about 12 terminals, but it very classy (including quiet music in the background). Not like the English one with 400 terminals! You just pay a person after you're done (1.50 Euro for half an hour). I don't think I will ever find it again, however!

No comments: