Wednesday, June 08, 2005

well, I guess 3 isnt bad

my team and I got 3rd in the state tournament today. yesterday we beat grand rapids 6-1. it was really easy. I won 6-1, 6-1. In the semifinal match this morning we lost 5-2 to rochester mayo. danny wilson and I were the only two people who won. I won 3-6, 6-4, 6-1. then we played against wayzata for third place. earlier in the season we beat them 4-3, and they are wack and stupid so they probably thought they had a chance. we beat them 6-1 and it was pretty cool. it was my last team match ever. I had a pretty good career I think. While I was on the team we got 5th place twice and 3rd this year. my personal record at the state tournament is 8-1. my only loss in singles this year was to edina's number 1 singles player mike eastman so I am claiming the title of best 2nd singles player in state. I had a fun career and I will miss it. I think I graduated last night too or something like that. and finally, my good friend and teammate james gleckner and I shaved off our playoff beards. we now have moustachios.

No comments: