Thursday, February 10, 2005

"Know it? Why, I was a boy here!"

Not quite - but a day rambling around Copenhagen made me feel like Scrooge when he said that, since I was here working for 6 weeks 20 years ago. Teresa and I spent yesterday walking around Copenhagen streets. It was weirdly familiar - I couldn't tell you how to find things here, but.... walking around I'd think "there should be a bookstore here..." and there would be! (Or a Burger King, or a church.... whatever - my memory of twenty years was remarkably accurate).''

Today Teresa is at her WHO meeting (we walked around Hellerup last night, locating her meeting place and then eating at a Pizza joint). Lots of bicycle traffic in town and in our more suburban location, even today when it was a bit rainy.

I'm in Copenhagen today, with plans to wander around some more to see the sites - not just sit in the train station on the internet.

No comments: