Saturday, September 25, 2004

tennis tourny

this weekend I have been playing in a tennis tournament out at 98th street. it has been a lot of fun. my first match was against andrew lee. he plays for eden prairie and is in the top 10, maybe even top 5 in state. he won the first set 6-1 and the second set 6-4. I think i should have won the second set. I had break points to go up 4-2 and 5-3 in the second set but it just didnt work out. then on friday night I played chris williams. he is the south dakota state champion, but that actually isnt sayin too much. I was beating him 3-2 in the first set and he defaulted because he said his hip was bothering him, and he didnt want to reinjure it. this morning I played corey paluch from south dakota. he is pretty good. I won the first set 6-3 and lost the second set 1-6. then we played a super tie-breaker instead of a third set. a super tie-breaker is up to 10 points instead of 7. i was losing 3-7 but I came back. he had match points at 8-9 and 9-10 but I saved them both and won 12-10. then I played mike eastman from edina. I was up 5-2 in the first set and somehow managed to play so poorly that I eventually lost it in a tie breaker4-7. then I went up 5-2 in the second set, but I managed to close it out and win it 6-2. after that we played a super tie-breaker to decide the third set. I was winning the whole time, but it was close towards the end. I won it 10-7. tomorrow morning I play paul rothman from highland park senior high school. I have never played him in an actual match, but I have played several sets against him. I think we are 3 and 3 against each other, so it should be a good match. peace.

No comments: