Thursday, June 10, 2004

confessions

yeah, I guess he kind of sprained his ankle, but really, I think he might have been faking it cause he knew he would lose. He was up 5-3 when it happened, but we both knew that I was poised for a comeback. well, whatever. I heard thaT they showed him getting injured on the news, and I was in it for a second before they zoomed in on him. it was on channel 5 apparently.

ok, today we played in consolation. the first match was against duluth east. I did not play well at all. I lost the first set 6-0, but I was up 5-2 in the second set when I re-injured my left wrist which has been bothering me for the past couple of weeks. I put on my brace that I got from the doctor, took 4 more advil, and continued play. I couldnt hit a two handed backhand because of the pain and also because of the awkwardness of my brace. I tried to play, but it didnt work out too well. I ended up losing the second set and match in a tie breaker 7-3. luckily the rest of my team picked up the slack and we won 4-3. next we played orono in the finals of consolation. between the matches I iced my wrist and it was ok by the time my match started. I played harry whitely. he was ok I guess. I have played him before, lost once, won once. anyways, I didnt play well in the first set and he won it 6-3. then in the second set i got really pumped up since it was my last match of the season no matter what. I played really well and split sets with him, winning the second 6-3. the third set was fun since there were so many people watching it. I knew that our team was up 3-2(tennis matches are best out of seven), so I knew that if I won, we would be the consolation champions. I played pretty well in the third set. I guess that I am a much better athlete than him because he was really tuckered out. I begin a lot of my sentences with the word I, but that's ok. anyways, I won the third set 6-3. danny wilson, our first singles player was in the middle of a close match when I finished. since I had clinched the match for us at 4-2, his opponent defaulted. both of them have to play tomorrow in the individual tournament. so we beat orono 5-2 in the consolation finals of the state tournament. it was pretty awesome. sorry for the length of this post, but it is sure to be my last one for a while. maybe until next tennis season. peace.

No comments: