Saturday, June 21, 2003

Happy #1, Peter and Maria!

For any Andersons interested, the St. Anthony Park Community Band is playing at Lake Como Tuesday, June 24, at 7:00 p.m. As John B. has not shown up this year (yet anyway... he could still show up after missing all the rehearsals), I am the senior drummer with the director's 14-year-old son, Joe, breathing down my neck and telling me what I'm doing wrong. Our friend Lili from church (the alto who sang at the nursing home with us in December) wanted to play in a band so she is our bass drummer now--the first time she's played an instrument. I also volunteered her to sing on an number.

I am playing accordian for "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" in Forest Lake this week and next. Florian Keller is the musical director (same as for 'Fiddler'). Kind of crazy thing for me to do, considering I just got back from Europe on Sunday and started with tech rehearsal on Monday night (in fact, I have never mentioned this to my mother, so keep it under your hat). It's a very lively performance with lots of dancing if anyone is interested, but don't come to see me as I don't play much. Because the pit is so crowded, the harp player and I sit outside of it and so have a very good view of the stage, although we can't wriggle around or pick our noses.

No comments: