Wednesday, April 02, 2003

Yesterday when I got to work, Robin told me I had a "foreign-sounding gentleman" on the phone, so I quickly answered (still in my jacket), anticipating some kind of problem as I never get phone calls. Instead it was the head of the World Health Organization's Global Advisory Committee on Vaccine Safety, wondering if I could come to Geneva in June to make a presentation at their meeting! I had met him in France and seen him for a few minutes in Chicago, and he seemed to think that he had mentioned this to me already, but it came as rather a surprise to me. He also said something about perhaps my doing some additional consulting for WHO. I was like, "Are you sure you have the right person?..." I guess I am now an expert on good and bad immunization websites. Deborah (the boss who gave me the opportunity to go to the French meeting instead of her) was very nice about it, fortunately. So we'll see what develops... I won't worry my mother about it for a while!

No comments: