Saturday, February 22, 2003

Your photography is very artistic, Peter. We especially like your landfill ones. I am leaving for my French conference on Monday and have been debating about cameras. I haven't been real happy with the results from our new little camera (bought just to avoid lugging the old Nikon and its heavy flash attachment along on trips). So I'll probably bring the old camera because I'd hate to mess up any photographic moments in the Alps.

As far as the conference, we have found out more about the other participants and it turns out that there will probably have some contentious moments (that is the SHORT story!) So I now have to worry about: terrorists, American-hating French people, drunk taxi driver (my mother's contribution), dying in Lake Annecy (which some CDC person did in winter when he jumped in to show off to some Scandinavian beauties... I didn't think I would be tempted, but Joel pointed out that my hotel bragged, "Only 200 metres to the pier!"), jet lag, AND having to do my share of arguing at the conference. Assuming I'm alive, I'll write next from Annecy!

No comments: